Watermelon Slim in touring New Zealand and will be calling into Hamilton city on Saturday 27 April and will play at Diggers Bar from 3pm. You will not want to miss this guy! His brand of home-down blues is something reminiscent of the early blues, field hollas and rawness of someone who knows the blues. This guy knows the blues. A Vietnam veteran, truck driver, sawmiller, collection agent, funeral officiator, political activist, the guitar-slinging, harmonica playing Slim doesn't just sing the blues; he's lived them. Nuff said!
I catch up with Watermelon Slim on this episode and chat a while with him about his life thus far and what we might hear from him when he comes to town.
Can I also add here that Slim's NZ tour has all been made possible with the help and support from Dunedin based music distributor, Simon Vare of Yellow Eye Music Ltd.
Check out Slim's NZ tour page on Facebook for photos etc.
Episode 379, 24 April 2013
1. Watermelon Slim - Got My Will Made Out
2. Watermelon Slim & Super Chikan - You Might Know
3. Watermelon Slim & The Workers - I've Got A Toothache
4. Watermelon Slim - Skinny Women And Fat Cigars
5. Watermelon Slim - The Last Blues
6. Watermelon Slim - 300 Miles
7. Watermelon Slim & The Workers - Newspaper Reporter
Download link for this episode: 379