28 December 2010

The Blues Room#258 Drop Down Mama, It's the Holidays

The Blues Room presents ...
DROP DOWN MAMA, IT'S THE HOLIDAYS
Episode 258, 29 Dec 2010

This episode is a little different from the rest and it marks 5 years of The Blues Room to air from Community Radio Hamilton.

I've left the playlist out from this post so I can see how many songs you recognize : ) You won't hear me on this episode, instead you'll hear a bunch of great blues tunes from around the globe.

If you're feeling lucky, email me the name of at least 3 song titles and the artist(s) performing them and you'll go in the draw to win some Blues CDs. Name as many of the tunes as you can and win a bonus Blues CD. Put your mailing address in the email too, I'll email the winner. Here's my email address: thebluesroom(@)gmail.com (remove the brackets).

Good luck!

DOWNLOAD


Updated: 11/01/2011
We have a winner!!! Thanks to all who emailed me, here's the playlist:

Here's the full playlist:
1. Big Joe Louis with John Primer - I've Got To Be More Selective
2. Barry Ryan - Rock and Roll Radio
3. Champion Jack Dupree - Hometown New Orleans
4. Charlie Musselwhite - Sonny Panye Special
5. Ed Rome - Bounce of the Ounce
6. Eric Bibb - One Soul to Save
7. George Thorogood and the Destroyers - Drop Down Mama
8. Joe Bonamassa, Lee Ritenour, & Robert Cray - Give Me One Reason
9. Joe Vicino and the Smokedaddys - Shine
10. Laurie Morvan Band - Where Are the Girls with Guitars
11. Louisiana Red and Little Victor's Juke Joint - Roamin Stranger
12. Mitch Kashmar and Pontiax - Lip Service
13. Paul Oscher and Steve Guyer - What Have I Done
14. Sugar Blue - Don't Start Me Talking
15. James Bolden - Friday is My Holiday
16. The Shuffletones with Ronnie Shellist

No comments: