17 December 2010

The Blues Room#256 Cool Me Down With Blues

The Blues Room presents ...
Cool Me Down With Blues
Episode 256, 15 December 2010
This week I found a Bo Diddley record in a second hand shop and bought it for $1 !!!
I loved seeing Bo perform at BluesFest in 2007, he was a highlight of the fest for me and playing a tune of his record to start this episode was a highlight for the show for me.
Hey yeah, I play an unlikely tune to end the show by Toots and the Maytals, a very bluesy one of his latest album. Toots and the Maytals are a featured band at BluesFest Byron Bay in 2011, I so wish they would come to GrassRoots Festival in New Zealand over Easter 2011, that's where I'll be. Enjoy.
1. Bo Diddley - My Babe
2. Buddy Guy - Skanky
3. Albert Castiglia - Do You Love Me
4. Jimmy Bowskill - Link Into Your Chain
5. Pat Ramsey and the Blues Disciples - Too Many Drivers (LIVE)
6. Jerry Lee Lewis and Ron Wood - Mean Old Man
7. Bob Corritore and Friends - That's All Right
8. Boo Boo Davis - Keep Your Car Locked
9. Mavis Staples - We're Gonna Make It
10. Catherine Russell - Put Me Down Easy
11. SRV - Little Wing
12. Darren Watson - Saint Hilda's Faithless Boy [NZ]
13. Harry Big Daddy Hypolite - Someday
14. Toots and the Maytals - Good Woman

No comments: