The Blues Room, 03 September 2014
Darcy Perry selects another great sample of blues from around the world and over the spans of time. Darcy is a strong advocate for Blue September, the annual Prostate Cancer Foundation's national awareness campaign.
Every year around 600 men die in New Zealand of prostate cancer. That is more than 600 fathers, sons, brothers, grandfathers - gone! This happens because men don’t know how dangerous the disease is, they don’t talk to their doctor about it, they simply don’t do anything about it. This has to stop. Prostate cancer can be prevented if detected early enough.
That’s why Blue September is about getting the word out about prostate cancer. If you buy a blue ribbon, paint your face blue, donate money to the Prostate Cancer Foundation or even tell people, you will be directly helping to lower the death rate and reduce the suffering from this disease.
Find out more about Blue September: http://blueseptember.org.nz/
1. Sonny Boy Williamson and the Yardbirds - 23 Hours Too Long
2. Junior Wells - Use Me
3. Elvis Presley - Long Tall Sally
4. Fleetwood Mac - Rattlesnake Snake Snake
5. Bo Diddley - You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover
6. George Thorogood - I Drink Alone
7. Aretha Franklin - Drinking Again
8. Joe Bonamassa - Different Shades Of Blue
9. Johnny Winter with Joe Bonamassa - Sweet Sixteen
10. Keb Mo - Hand It Over
11. Johnny Cash - The Wreck Of '79