Episode 400, 18 September 2013
About 8 years ago I started The Blues Room with a passion to help keep the blues alive. 400 episodes later I still have the passion and I can say the blues most certainly is alive and well in Hamilton, New Zealand. Hosting a weekly radio show (or in my case 2 weekly shows!) comes with its challenges but it also has its rewards. Its been a mission getting myself organized and up into the Free FM studio by 8.45pm each Wednesday but to have someone text or phone the studio to ask, 'wow, who's that you're playing?' or to have someone let me know they appreciate turning on the radio to hear blues music has made it all worthwhile.
I've met some truly awesome people along this journey, too many to thank all at once here but I couldn't have done it without them. Free FM 89.0 has been excellent in allowing me to broadcast my show, Phil Grey the manager has given me full support as have his team of staff. Many local musicians and overseas acts have provided their support and music, some have paid a visit to The Blues Room whether in person or via the phone by way of an interview, like Thomas Oliver in this episode. Darcy Perry has believed in me and been a blues mentor along the way. To all the blues lovers and listeners who have kept me going week in week out to bring you a weekly serving of fresh, cool blues, I just want to say thank you, thank you very very much!!
Heres to another 400 episodes!
1. JD McPhearson - I Can't Complain
2. Tab Benoit - Matchbox Blues
3. Taj Mahal - Built For Comfort
4. Buddy Guy - I Came Up Hard
5. Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite - She Got Kick
6. Big Morganfield - Moneys Getting Cheaper
7. The Hillbilly Moon Explosion
8. Thomas Oliver - Coming Back To Life [NZ]
9. Thomas Oliver - The Moment [NZ]
10. Thomas Oliver - Jurassic Park Theme [NZ]
11. Thomas Oliver - Let It Not Be Lost [NZ]
12. Darcy Perry - Blues On Broadbeach [NZ]
13. Walter Trout - Pain In The Streets
Download link for this episode: 400!!