The Blues Room, 11 February 2015
20 years ago, charismatic founder and leader of Ruf Records, Thomas Ruf, created the label simply to give the legendary Chicago bandleader Luther Allison a platform to release some of the best albums of his career. Tragically, Luther himself was lost to cancer in 1997, but Ruf Records never missed a beat, continuing to develop some of the brightest talent in America, Britain, Europe and beyond, while always retaining its fearsomely independent spirit.
Over the next three episodes of The Blues Room we'll bring you personally selected songs from some of the amazing artists that have signed with Ruf Records. We think you're going like this, and if you do, please pay rufrecords.de a visit and just see for yourself the top notch catalog of artists and bands who keep their music true to the Ruf Records motto: When Blues Crosses Over.
1. Samantha Fish, Cassie Taylor & Dani Wilde - Bitch
2. Dana Fuchs - Bliss Avenue
3. Joanne Shaw Taylor - Can't Keep Living Like This
4. Bart Walker - Waitin' on Daylight
5. Mike Zito - Voices in Dallas
6. Samantha Fish - Down in the Swamp
7. Dani Wilde - Shine
8. Jeff Healey - I'm Torn Down
9. Spin Doctors - Some Other Man Instead