The Blues Room #547
Wednesday 27 July 2016
Nearly four hours of live performances from Eric Clapton's acclaimed Crossroads Guitar Festival are coming to CD for the first time. This new 3 disc collection coming out now on Rhino will feature 41 tracks of landmark performances from all four Crossroads Guitar Festivals, which were held in 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
Founded in 2004 by the legendary guitarist, Eric Clapton, the Crossroads Guitar Festival has given fans an opportunity to witness truly historic performances by some of the world's greatest guitarists. While fans have been able to relive those magical moments thanks to a series of successful DVD and Blu-ray compilations, only a few of those performances have made their way to CD.
A veritable "Who's Who" of guitar music can be heard on this set, including Clapton, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., Robert Cray, Billy F Gibbons, Vince Gill, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Mayer, Carlos Santana, Joe Walsh, Ronnie Wood, and Jimmie Vaughn, just to name a few. Naturally, the all-star jams deliver some of the collection s most unforgettable moments.
Held every three years since 2004, the Crossroads Guitar Festival raises funds for the Crossroads Centre in Antigua, a treatment and education facility that Clapton founded in 1998 to help people suffering from chemical dependency.
Nate has selected some of his favorite performances from Crossroads festivals, including a tune by Taj Mahala nd Keb Mo which wasn't included on the 3 CD release. Enjoy!
1. Rock Me Baby – Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, B.B. King & Jimmie Vaughan 
2. Drums Of Passion (Jingo) – Carlos Santana with Eric Clapton 
3. Hell At Home – Sonny Landreth with Eric Clapton 
4. Mas Y Mas – Los Lobos 
5. Lay Down Sally – Vince Gill with Sheryl Crow, Keb’ Mo’, Albert Lee, James Burton & Earl Klugh 
6. Five Long Years – Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang & Ronnie Wood 
7. Born Under A Bad Sign – Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb’ Mo’, Blake Mills, Matt “Guitar” Murphy & Albert Lee 
8. Please Come Home – Gary Clark Jr. 
9. Diving Duck Blues - Taj Mahal and Keb Mo